Friday, July 8, 2011

Rockin' Recipes: Daniel's CQ Cookies

Tonight Daniel has 16 hour duty so I decided to score extra girlfriend points by being Susie Homemaker for a day. I slyly asked him his favorite type of cookie so I could maximize said girlfriend points, and ended up making "Peanut Butter Chocolate Chippers," now known as Daniel's CQ Cookies. (Don't ask me what CQ actually stands for, all it means to me is a lonely Friday night eating cookie dough by the spoonful and curling up with my dog and my blog.)

I got the recipe out of the cookbook "Eat, Drink, and Be Chinaberry," which serves as a regular source of cookie recipes in our household.


Born in 1996 and still kickin'! (The cook book, not the peanut butter.)


The Ingredients:

1 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar (I accidentally used the light kind instead of the dark - don't do that.)
1/2 c. butter or margarine (be sure to soften it beforehand)
1/2 c. chunky peanut butter
2 eggs
1 T water
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. chocolate chips (yeahhhh no...throw 'em in by the handful)


The KitchenAid/Cadillac of all mixers. Ignore the fingerprints - apparently I can't keep my grubby little paws off of anything in dough form.


My trusty Sous-chef never left my side. I like to think that she wanted to be there for emotional support, but I think she was hoping for some PB fallout.

Directions:


"Beat sugars, butter, and peanut butter." Beat? I'm thinking this cookbook may be a little too violent for me.


"Add eggs, water, and vanilla, mixing well." FYI - This is not an example of mixing well.


"Add dry ingredients." Alllll 2 of 'em.


And now, without further adieu, the best part of the whole process:


Chocolate effing chips! You can't tell, but I am cradling these as I would a newborn child. Except with more care and tenderness.


"Stir in chocolate chips." Don't worry, I added at least 3 more Julia-man-handfuls.


"Drop onto baking sheets"...after eating half the dough.


"Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes." In my oven, 12 minutes was the optimum time for maximum gooey deliciousness.


And ta-da! 3 dozen delicious cookies. The recipe says it's supposed to make 6 dozen but it didn't account for my man-sized cookies nor my manlier-sized appetite.


Don't touch, fatties! Unless you're the person that made the cookies, then you can touch all you want and not be considered a fatty. (My cookies, my rules.)

I also wrote a touching little note on the bottom of the plate making fun of Daniel for eating all of the cookies in a record amount of time. Sometimes I surprise myself with how sweet and caring I can be. Girlfriend of the Year Award? I think I'm a shoe-in.


Questions:

What's your favorite cookie recipe? Do you have a favorite baking cookbook?

Are you a normal person that actually bakes their cookie dough before they eat it?
If you are, I'm not sure we can be friends unless you can accept the fact that the yield will always be half than listed in the recipe.



Random Fact #11: I can make an incredible imitation of a pigeon call. Fortunately, no male pigeons have tried to mate with my hair. Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment