Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Umm...you're a WHAT?


pes·ca·tar·i·an

noun \ˌpe-skə-ˈter-ē-ən\
: one whose diet includes fish but no meat

Yep, I eat fish and seafood. Nope, I don't have a personal vendetta against aquatic vertebrates. So why eat them and spare our furry land-dwelling friends?

Animal Luv-r 4 Lyfe! (I'm the hottie on the right)

1) Pescetarianism is arguably one of the healthiest diets around. Fish has tons of lean protein and is chock-full of omega-3s without all the fatty-McFat-fat having a field day in your arteries.


2) I am in the midst of a passionate affair with sushi. And I like my sushi how I like my men: ridiculous, saucy, and full of yummy surprises.

I also like my men like Jackie Chan.



3) The fish industry uses far fewer resources than the livestock industry. I'm also in a long-term relationship with our environment (shh, don't tell sushi) and try to do what I can to help out our Mama short of making myself insane. Instead of swearing off showering (see RFAW below) and living in complete darkness after 8 PM, I do my part through my diet (and, of course, recycling like a fool).



4) Let's face it: it's easier than going straight vegetarian or vegan. I hate it when I tell somebody that I'm vegetarian and they think that we can only dine at the Vegan Granola Hippie Cafe. Eating fish and shellfish assures that I pretty much can eat at any restaurant like a normal human being.


Notice that I said like a normal human being, as I am anything and everything but normal.


And now it's your turn!
Are you a vegetarian? Vegan? Lacto-ovo-pesce-tarian? Any particular reason why you've chosen this lifestyle?
What food are you in a love affair with?

Random Fact Attesting to my Weirdness (RFAW) #1: I refuse to shower unless I've worked out. Or I notice that people no longer sit next to me in our department meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment