Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Farmer's Market Yummies


My life is pretty dull today, so I'll flash back to yesterday. Tuesdays are Farmer's Market days in Monterey, so the Moms and I decided to check it out just for the heck of it. She was in the market for an orchid for the living room, so we spent a majority of our time at the orchid man's table being absurdly indecisive.


It really is tough picking out the perfect plant when they all look exactly the same.


The runner-up. As Ricky Bobby would say, "If you're not first, you're last."

After walking for a grand total of 200 feet at the Farmer's Market, I begged my mom to stop for food and water. We decided on Papa Chano's, where I scarfed down an entire giant veggie burrito and about 18 pounds of chips and salsa. Of course, as a bottomless pit and a loyal Myo groupie, we had to make a pit stop at The Mecca.


Strawberries for me and nuts for her - sooo predictable.


We had planned on stopping on Trader Joe's after Farmer's Market but eating can be exhausting so we hauled away our loot and called it a day.


Pictured (albeit poorly): spinach, broccoli, nectarines, and strawberries in one of our many hippie reusable bags. Don't say a word - I already feel eco-guilt for the plastic ones.


My huge workout yesterday at the crack of dawn left me absolutely exhausted today so I opted out of yoga and opted in to my bed for nap time. If you ever take anything away from this blog, remember that naps are like hot guy friends - take advantage of them as often as you can.


Random Fact #14: The fact that I accidentally skipped facts #9 and #10 attests to my tendency to make ish up on the spot way too often.

No comments:

Post a Comment