Sunday, July 10, 2011

Myo and My First Smoothie Attempt!

I am a woman of many passions. The first half of this post will be dedicated to my newest love, Myo - the first make-your-own fro yo place to ever hit Monterey.


Where have you been all my life?


Last night my mom and I decided to run errands and just happened to be within a 1 mile radius of a Myo. Of course, it would be very irresponsible of us to be in the neighborhood and not stop by for a visit, so we walked down to Cannery Row to get our fro-yo fix. Now usually I bury my vanilla/cake batter yogurt underneath a mound of m&ms, oreos, reese's, hot fudge, and an entire can of whipped cream. I was feeling a little healthy last night so I decided to swap the high fructose corn syrup for some real fructose in the form of strawberries and raspberries.


I even left some whipped cream for the other Myo patrons.


My mom had her signature vanilla with heath bar, nuts, and a little chocolate fudge. On a regular Myo visit, my toppings would put her toppings to shame.


I hope she's starting to get used to my compulsive picture-taking.


Today we took Izzy to the beach to frolic and make more friends in 10 minutes than I ever have in my life. When we got back I was feeling a little ambitious so I decided to use the rotting banana on our counter to attempt to concoct a homemade smoothie.


Ingredients: 1 giant gross rotten banana, TJs Blueberry Greek Yogurt, 3 ice cubes, and some thawed TJs Mixed Berries.




If your blender was straight out of 1972, you'd keep it in the garage too.


I have the taste buds of a 76 year old diabetic, so I added a little honey to sweeten the deal.


The finished product! I tried to drink it with a curly straw like a 6 year old but it was a little too thick, so I went into adult mode and topped it with granola before downing it like a champ.

The full recipe:

1 large over-ripe banana, cut into slices
1 c. Trader Joe's Frozen Mixed Berries, thawed
1 package Trader Joe's Blueberry Flavored Greek Yogurt
2 tsp. Vanilla
1 T. honey
4 ice cubes

Use your 1970's blender and press the only button that works until it looks like it might be blended. Pour into a glass, top with granola, and down like a rabid wolverine.


Questions:

Have you made any yummy smoothie recipes lately? Any that I will be able to drink with my curly straw?


Random Fact #12: If you couldn't tell, I HATE ripe bananas. If they're not slightly green and hard as a rock, I won't touch 'em.


P.S. I know the pictures from the last post didn't load and I promise I'll fix them once I get a little less lazy.

1 comment: